Welcome to the Freespire Community Wiki
What is Freespire?Freespire Page at DistroWatch
Quick Tour of Freespire
What are users and the press saying about Freespire?
How to build the perfect desktop Linux OS
15 Things That Make Freespire Special
How is CNR different from apt-get?
How is Freespire different from Linspire?
Slideshow: How Freespire relates to Linspire and the Debian Project
Freespire User Manual
We invite you to get involved and help the Freespire project in whatever way suits your time and talents, whether helping with testing, helping with translations, supporting other users, or simply spreading the word about Freespire.
Freespire Project Vision Statement
Freespire Organization & Leadership
Linspire’s role in the Freespire project
Freespire Project Roadmap Home
Understanding Freespire Version Naming
Freespire CommunityFreespire Forum
Community Code of Conduct
Forum Code of Conduct
There are several ways in which you can contribute to the Freespire project. In addition to the other areas in the Wiki, please review the following list and see if something interests you.
Contribution areas of interest:
- IRMA (Internationalization)
- Test Freespire and Report bugs
- Develop patches and packages
- Fan Art
- Freespire User Manual
- Open Source Projects
- Hardware Compatibility List
- Ideas (suggestions)
- Freespire Paid Support Available Now!
- Freespire 2.0.3 Released
- Freespire 2.0.3 Download Available
- Buy Freespire CD’s
- Help translate the Freespire User Manual into other languages like Portuguese
- Freespire Forum Hero of the Month Program
Documentation is the backbone of any project, be it proprietary or open-source. Our goal is to provide both developers and users who are new to the Freespire project a wealth of documentation so that they can find their place in the community and begin to grow along with it.
Documentation areas of interest:
- Developer Focused
- Hacking on the OS
- Hacking the Kernel
- Using the development toolset
- Report an issue
- Release Notes
- Licensing and Trademarks
- User Focused
- Freespire User Manual
- Installing Freespire
- Using CNR
- Using Apt
- Other Installation Methods
- Documentation for individual packages
- Configuring your desktop
- Hints & Tips
News & Events
This section of the Wiki is dedicated to advertising all Freespire community news and events so that each member of the community can have an opportunity to get involved and become familiar with other members of the community and the Freespire leadership.
News and Events areas of interest:
- In the News – Links to articles and discussion on Freespire
- Upcoming Freespire Events
- Upcoming User Events
- Upcoming Developer Events
Here are some misc. links you might find helpful.
- Main Differences Between Linspire 5.1 and Freespire 1.0
- Linux Timeline